Rider Tips & Safety
While our bus operators are trained in the most up-to-date safety practices, riders also need to do their part to stay alert and aware of their surroundings to prevent injury.
- Stand back from the curb when waiting for a bus, especially when a bus is approaching the stop.
- Never run for a bus. You may slip and fall or be hit by a vehicle.
- Leave the bus by the rear doors whenever possible (except when you ask for a Request Stop at night).
- Never walk directly in front of or behind a stopped bus, where drivers may not be able to see you. Wait until the bus moves away before you step into the street so that you can clearly see other traffic.
- Always obey traffic signals and cross the street at corners.
- Take your headphones off when crossing the street or getting off the bus to be sure you can hear the traffic around you.
- Keep knapsacks and large bags in front of you when getting on or off the bus. Knapsacks and bags have big, long straps that can easily get caught in doors and railings.
- Keep your arms, legs and head inside all transit vehicles.