Rider Tips & Safety
While our vehicle operators are trained in the most up-to-date safety practices, riders also need to do their part to stay alert and aware of their surroundings to prevent injury.
- When waiting for your vehicle to arrive in the urban areas, please wait at the existing Bus Stop Signs that are installed along the street. Drivers will only be able to find you if you are near the sign.
- Stand back from the curb when waiting for your vehicle, especially when the vehicle is approaching the pick up point.
- Never run after the vehicle. You may slip and fall or be hit by a vehicle.
- Leave the vehicle by the side door away from traffic whenever possible.
- Never walk directly in front of or behind a stopped vehicle, where drivers may not be able to see you. Wait until the vehicle moves away before you step into the street so that you can clearly see other traffic.
- Always obey traffic signals and cross the street at corners.
- Take your headphones off when crossing the street or getting off the vehicle to be sure you can hear the traffic around you.
- Keep knapsacks and large bags in front of you when getting on or off the vehicle. Knapsacks and bags have big, long straps that can easily get caught in doors and railings.
- Keep your arms, legs and head inside all transit vehicles.